BAND DAY 2019 INFORMATION
MUSIC AND DRILL
All music, drill, schedule information and health forms will be posted at the Band Day Member’s Only Website.
Friday, November 8 (Optional rehearsal at Carr’s Hill Field):
- 5:30-6:15pm – Pre-Registration (at Carr’s Hill Field)
- 6:30-8:15pm – Rehearsal with the Cavalier Marching Band
Saturday, November 9 (Mandatory rehearsal at Carr’s Hill Field):
- 7-7:45am – Registration (at Carr’s Hill Field)
- 8:00am – Rehearsal begins
- 9:20am – Rehearsal with the Cavalier Marching Band
- 10:30am – Bus to lunch (Slaughter Gym)
- 10:45am Lunch
- 11:30am – Walk to Scott Stadium
- 12:30pm – Kick off & Perform in the stands
- 1:45pm (approx) – ON FIELD HALFTIME PERFORMANCE!
- 3:45pm (approx) – Game end (return to Slaughter)
- 4:45pm (approx) – finished for the day*
*Busing is provided back to our rehearsal field (Carr’s Hill). It is a VERY SLOW process because of the traffic congestion after a game.
WHAT TO BRING/WEAR
- DRESS FOR THE WEATHER – You will be asked to wear the UVA Band Day 2019 shirt (provided to you at registration) on your outermost layer at rehearsal.
- Tip: Come wearing an undershirt – you can then simply wear the UVA Band Day 2019 shirt over your undershirt without having to use a dressing room.
- Marching instrument (WITH CASE)
- BRASS PLAYERS – make sure your instrument is polished and looking great!
- WOODWINDS – extra reeds in case you need it
- BATTERY PERCUSSION – don’t forget harness and sticks
- COLOR GUARD – bring a 6′ pole and we will tape a silk on when you arrive
- High School Marching Band uniform (WITH HATS)
- Music printed
- A mobile smart device with drill in the UDBapp
- Completed forms (medical consent form, medical information form, and release & hold harmless agreement) – YOU CANNOT PARTICIPATE WITHOUT THESE FORMS
All spectators and guests must purchase tickets to attend the event. We have a few tickets remaining. You must make your reservation online by 2PM on Friday and bring payment (cash or check) on Saturday morning during registration (first come, first serve). Each ticket costs $25.
Parking will be available all day, free of charge, at Culbreth Parking Garage, on the top two and bottom levels (floors A,B, E and F). This garage is located right next to both Carr’s Hill Field and the Hunter Smith Band Building.
Address: 130 Culbreth Rd, Charlottesville, VA 22903
Overflow parking will be available at John Paul Jones Arena.
Forms MUST BE FILLED OUT and brought to check-in on the morning of November 9. You will not be allowed to participate without it. They can be found in the Band Day Member’s Only website.